Aah! There is nothing as refreshing as an evening by the campfire with a few of your friends or family. The burning embers create an environment that is too memorable and cozy to pass up. There is something about the fire and the whole setup that encourages everyone to open up; to remember something funny and share it with the entire group and laugh to tears.
Everyone needs such moments once in a while. However, there is more convenient and efficient way to recreate the campfire scene, and it is all in the form of propane fire pits – all thanks to technology.
The Benefits of Propane Fire Pits
One of the main benefits of having a propane fire pit is the less hassle as you no longer have to get up to feed the flames. This leaves you with time to enjoy every moment thoroughly without having to get up now and then. The gas pit is so convenient that you only need to turn the switch – nothing like stoking the flames to keep it going.
Propane pits are also safer than campfires. You can control the flames, and there are no dangerous aspects such as sparks and excessive smoke. There is also a reduced chance of leaving the fire unattended – how hard can it be to flip the switch off? The frames are also confined to even leave them for short periods of time without posing any considerable risk.
Another thing is that they are pretty clean. You are not left with the hassle of having to clean piles of ash. The wood-burning fire pits leave some sort of residue that accumulates on the equipment and which is pretty hard to clean. This means that they are also suitable for people that are often affected by allergies.
There are also many designs you can choose according to your style. You can go the traditional or even the super sleek way depending on your needs and preference.
Propane is also readily available as it is sold in many locations. And the price tag is quite favorable as you don’t have to dig deep into your savings.
The heating time is also minimal meaning that you cannot grow impatient waiting for embers to form – you know how winter months are, we need that heat fast on getting home.
They are also portable. This means that you can move them anywhere you deem fit. If you are gathering on the patio or the gazebo, you can have it moved there. The choice is yours.
Any Shortcomings of Propane Fire Pits?
Well, no product can be said to be 100% good, and the same applies to propane fire pits. Even though they light easily and produce no smoke, they are not ideal for cooking or roasting – wood pits perform better here.
They also don’t give out a lot of warmth like wood fireplaces do. On a chilly evening, you may be forced to combine it with heavy clothing.
And another thing is that propane refills are not free – they may be cheap but not free. No matter how cheap the refills are, the amounts add to your total expense.
What to Look for in a Propane Fire Pit
- The Size of the Table: When it comes down to it, chose a wider a table as opposed to a smaller one. The wider one easily accommodates more people – you can serve drinks or food to more people.
- Heat Output: it is essential to choose the right fire pit that produces the right warmth depending on the size of the patio or any other area. Large areas will require a fire pit that gives out a significant amount of heat to accommodate everyone.
- The Price: the fire pits are always changing with the most recent having more functionality and features. The better it gets, the more you may need to pay. But regardless of your budget, these fire pits demonstrate a certain level of efficiency and reliability that wood fire pits or campfires cannot match.
- Accompaniments: different models come with various accessories depending on the price range. Some may come with an igniter, others top cover and others wood grate. The primary objective of these additional features is to enhance their convenience and safety. If possible, don’t pass them up as they will add to the pleasure of using the device.
- Materials: the material of a particular pit determines a lot of things such as weight, appearance, durability, and efficiency. Those made of the best materials are pricey but worth the investment – no one wants a product that will have to be written off within a short period.
Reviewing Top Fire Pits on the Market
This is probably one of the best propane pits, and the rave reviews the product has managed are evidence of this. It features composite material making it quite appealing – it makes your backyard look like the Ancient Roman home of a wealthy bureaucrat.
- A fire pit and peak top that are quite attractive – your guests will love it.
- Has convenient flame adjustment settings – you can choose according to preference
- Can run for longer – up to 20 hours
- Adequate surface area for drinks to accommodate more people
- Up to 40,000 BTU heat output – perfect for those cold evenings
- The fire pit is massive and not easy to move from one place to the other
This is one propane fire pit that may be perfect for the outdoor adventure lovers. It is portable and lightweight meaning that you can take it with you to wherever you are going. The fire pit is clean and smokeless – you will not have to worry about any harmful and intrusive fumes.
The heat output is always a worry for most people when it comes to propane fire pits. This product can reach up to a decent 58000 BTU – perfect for cozy evenings with colleagues.
- Lightweight and portable – perfect for the outdoor adventure
- Clean fire for indoor use
- At 58000 BTU, the heat is warm enough for a cozy evening
- Can run up to 15 hours on a tank of propane
- An appealing design and finish that you will be proud showing to friends
- Not accompanied by an igniter like competing products
This another portable and convenient propane fire pit that campers can move around with. Its design and accessories are specifically targeted to benefit outdoor lovers. There is a carry kit and weighs just 23lbs – this together with the cover makes it easy to move around.
The fire pit not only has a presentable design, but it also has attractive features such as auto-ignition for a fast startup. The fire bowl is CSA-approved, and you will not need to worry about safety issues.
- Portable and lightweight making it perfect for the outdoors
- An attractive design making the fire pit presentable
- Comes with a carry kit for those that love camping
- A fire bowl that is CSA-approved for safety
- Has a relatively small flame not adequate for some people
For people that prefer compact and minimalist designs, then this propane fire pit may be their ideal. It has an easy to use matchless ignition for a rapid-fire starting. You will never again have to wait for embers to reach an appropriate heat after trying hard to start it.
And another attractive feature for the camping enthusiasts, the fire pit comes with a zipper bag – quite convenient. The more extended hose and flame-control ignition are other vital features appropriate for campers.
- Compact and portable design that you can easily carry it around
- A matchless ignition – convenient
- Comes with a zipper bag for the camping enthusiasts
- Has a safety shutoff switch
- A more extended hose for added convenience
- Has a flame-control knob to adjust the intensity
- May be too small to give off an adequate amount of heat
This attractive design fire pit weighs 20lbs and comes with all the accessories you will need to start enjoying a campfire scene. It is made of steel, and so it is quite durable and long lasting. The fire pit can run for up to 15 hours on a 20lbs tank which we can say is efficient.
Its weight, the lid, and the 10-foot gas hose make it perfect for travel – it weighs only 20lbs.
- An attractive and durable steel design
- Can run for up to 15 hours demonstrating efficiency
- Lightweight and portable making perfect for travel
- Can reach up to 54,000 BTU fire output
- The quality of the lid may be questionable
Propane fire pits are clean, convenient and comfortable to use campfire-like products. They make your evenings memorable without interruptions to go and fan the fire. If you are convinced you need a fire pit, then you can choose any of the above, and they sure will not disappoint. However, our top choice is Crawford Outdoor Square Liquid Propane Fire Pit.
The fire pit has an attractive design that will transform the landscape of your lawn or patio. It has an adequate surface area where you and your friends can place your drinks and comes with a regulator to control the intensity of the heat. However, this is quite heavy and not adequate for those that love camping.