If your air conditioner is not working properly, then it is a matter of big concern, especially if it gives you trouble during the hot sultry days. It can make your life hell and can also affect your health to a great extent. This is the reason, Crossway Mechanical suggests that annual maintenance is very important for an efficient air conditioner.
The maintenance schedules help in cleaning the air filters and also replace it if needed, inspects the internal parts, fixes repairs if any and does the other necessary maintenance job.
Therefore, note to call the best air conditioning service Spring, TX, technicians for better and improved maintenance service.
The following are a few of the common air conditioner problems and the ways to fix it right. Read on below.
● Not Enough Cooling – This is a common problem where the air conditioner will run but will fail to provide cool air. It can be because of many reasons like blocked condensate drain, low refrigerant level, or dirty air filters. Check for ice formation circling the outdoor compressors or coils.
If ice is the problem, defrost your AC unit or try scraping off the exterior ice. This scraping process requires a great amount of patience, which even one wrong move can damage your unit. Insufficient cooling can also be because of the low coolant level. Call the experts of AC repair service Spring, TX, and fill up the coolant.
● Air is Not Coming from the Registers – If there is no air coming from the registers, then it is probably because the outdoor unit fan is not functional. This is not a serious issue as tripping can be the reason behind the failed function. Reset the breaker and then switch on the AC. Other common reasons are worn-out blower belt which simply needs replacement, problems with thermostat settings, wirings or control board, and many more.
● Leaky Unit – Condensation is formed through the AC units, which is then drained through the pipes. After some time, pipes give way to leakage, blockage, and other related problems. Because of this, the water makes way through the unit, after which the homeowners are faced with leaky AC unit situations. One can simply clean the condensation drain pipe with a bleach solution for blockage problems. If it is damaged, replace it with a new one and then check for leaks. If this problem continues, then call the expert for help.
● Strange Noise – It is common for the air conditioners to make strange sounds and noises, but it is usually below the tolerance level. If the noise level increases to a great extent, then know that there is a problem with the air conditioner. It can be either because of belt problems, motor bearings, or loose connections. Get it examined by the technicians and repair it at the earliest before it gives space to other major problems.
● Unit Turns On and Off Constantly – This problem can be because of a blocked or dirty condenser unit, or even a dirty evaporator. Look out for any obstructions and clean the entire unit from dust and debris.
● Uneven Cooling – If you find a few areas of your house warm or chilly, when compared to the other part of the house, then the air conditioner is unbalanced in its operation. To balance the system well, use dampers and make it uniform in all parts of the house.
● Unusual Smell – An unusual smell or odor is common if you switch your air conditioner after a long time. This will usually disappear after a few minutes. But if it persists, then it is a signal that there is something very bad with the unit. If you smell a burning odor, then it is mostly because of dust and debris present in the unit or the blower. If it is an electrical odor, then it is because of the overheating of parts, loose electrical connections, or seized bearings.
If you are stuck with any of the above problems, try fixing it with the tips given below. These tips are shared by experienced professionals who have good years of experience and in-depth knowledge in the field. But if nothing works, then the best advice is to contact the professionals and allow them to handle the problem physically.