Undoubtedly, these are definitely exciting times for marijuana growers and consumers. Over the past half-decade, legislation changes have occurred, all in favor of cannabis cultivation. It is no longer stigmatized.
But with the growing acceptance, there is now more competition, and the growers with the best quality cannabis are the ones benefiting. But how do you achieve this? Well, a sweet tasting and smelling bud require among other things, the best nutrients and fertilizers.
If you are looking for a reliable fertilizer for your cannabis plants, then you are in good hands with Advanced Nutrients Hobbyist Grower Bundle Voodoo Juice Big Bud B 52 Overdrive Plant Fertilizer. The brand uses some of the best components to ensure your plants get the best.
But can you take our word on this? Well, if not, the product has rave reviews, and it’s quite hard to point at a single negative word.
- Contains all the nutrients that your cannabis needs all in one
- Can be used in all stages of cannabis growth
- It is easy to use
- Automatically balances the PH
- Ideal for new marijuana growers
- Is a little pricey
- You will need to follow the instructions to the letter
This is one of the most original plants that allow you to customize your grow operation as is necessary. But when do you use the nutrients? Well, unlike other products on the market, you can use General Hydroponics Flora Grow through the entire growth cycle of your plants – quite functional we must say. However, it is divided into portions for each stage.
General Hydroponics is an established brand, and so you can rely on their product. But the reviews pretty much support this position.
- An original and efficient product for hydroponic marijuana growth
- Divided into portions for each stage
- Ideal for any level of a marijuana grower
- Are concentrated and will last for some time
- You can purchase it in any appropriate form
- Quite affordable
- A respected and well-known brand with rave reviews
- Application chart and instructions may seem pretty complex for some people
- It is not organic
There are several things that you will love about this fertilizer capsules and among them is their compact size. This means that days of carrying heavy bags from the store to your garden are pretty much over. It is also a top quality fertilizer that is quite easy to use. Anybody of any age can comfortably use it.
- Are in a compact capsule form which makes your plant feeding easy
- An easy to use product
- Has natural plant nutrients making it quite beneficial to the plants
- It is not messy and can apply at any time without getting dirt
- The fertilizer is quite versatile as you can use it on a variety of plants, not just marijuana
- The capsules may fail to break down sufficiently
- May need several pills at a time to have any effect
This is one of the most popular bud nutrients you will find out there. Typically, it fuses all the necessary components for a healthy bud such as vitamins, amino acids, and carbohydrates. And more interestingly, the brand has a team of experts that are always researching the most effective carbohydrates to add to the fertilizer for maximum effect.
And to demonstrate their commitment towards quality bud additives, the company is among the first to figure out that plant vitamins are critical during the marijuana flowering stage.
- A potent bud additive that ensures healthy buds
- Incorporates carbohydrates and other essential components
- Associated with higher yields than the typical fertilizers
- It is easy to use
- You can use the fertilizers on both the soil planting and hydroponics
- May not be as effective as the hype
- Some customers have complained of burned leaves
Some of us love everything organic and eco-friendly. If you are part of this group than this product is undoubtedly the most fitting for you. The nutrients are easy to use that you only mix with water and feed your plants to their fill.
It is safe to use that you can efficiently use it around kids and pets in your homestead. The plant food can also be used at any stage of plant growth.
- Fully organic plant food
- Easy to use that all you need is mix the correct portion with water
- A safe product and can use it around kids and pets
- Can be used at any phase of plant growth
- Can cause mold formation
- May have some smell
The Different Varieties of Fertilizers and Their Importance to Marijuana
A healthy cannabis plant requires three fertilizer components to thrive; these are nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium. These components are often displayed on the packaging as NPK. You will need nitrogen for the leaves, and phosphorous for bud development.
Potting soils already have this mixture, but your plants will eventually need additional nutrients for additional growth.
So which are the different varieties?
You are always at liberty to make your own cannabis fertilizer, but that doesn’t mean it is an easy task to hack. A small mixing mistake can likely cost you the whole plant. It’s just easier to buy – don’t you think so? Commercial fertilizers come in the right ratios, ideal for your marijuana crop.
This may sound strange, unconventional even, but your urine is an excellent source of nutrients for your cannabis. But what do we mean by that? Are we actually serious?
Well, urine has a decent amount of nitrogen that plants can use. But that does not mean you that you can make your marijuana garden a favorite spot for relieving yourself now and then. Doing that would kill the plant, and it is not what you want.
Ideally, you should blend a full bladder with commercial plant food, and a gallon of water. Use this solution immediately to prevent the formation of dangerous ammonia.
Wood ashes are ideal in areas where the soil is significantly acidic. Adding ash will dilute this acid making the earth hospitable for your marijuana.
Using a five-gallon bucket of water, mix one shovel wood ash and add it to the soil.
Chicken manure is another good option that enhances good cannabis health and increases yields. The chicken manure compost is also ideal, any time.
Well, many people don’t give it a thought, but that nasty looking composting mix works wonders with marijuana plants. Recycled plants and animal poop have all the necessary nutrients that your plants need to be healthy and produce bountifully.
What’s the Deal with Miracle-Gro?
There has been a heated debate regarding the brand and its efficiency with cannabis. Miracle-Gro is a household name in gardening. Unfortunately, the formula is not the best for cannabis growth. But what’s wrong with this fertilizer?
Miracle-Gro is not what we would refer to as balanced. It has more nitrogen more than any other nutrient, which not always right. Sticking with this fertilizer means you will be over-feeding the plant with one nutrient at the expense of others. It may be good at the beginning but when it starts producing buds, but you’ll need to switch the brand later on.
What to Consider when Purchasing Nutrients and Fertilizers for your Cannabis
Choosing the right fertilizers is not always as easy as it sounds. There are several things you need to look out for. The following are some of the factors that hopefully will point you in the right path.
- The Medium: where you are going to plant your marijuana determines how successful the nutrients or fertilizers are going to be. Are you going to use coconut coir, soil, or even hydroponics? Well, make sure they are compatible with the medium you choose.
- The Growth Phase: you cannot use the same fertilizer mix for all the growth stages of your plant. For example, when your plant starts the leafing process, the most appropriate nutrients have a balance of 20% nitrogen potassium and phosphorous. For indoor gardens, you will need to dilute this mixture to half strength. Indoor cannabis may not handle full strength well as it may lead to shock and leaves falling off.
- The Brand: The more popular brands are often associated with excellent reviews. In other words, you are not likely to go wrong choosing a top brand rather than an unknown one – well, experimenting is not wrong but why risk losing your plants?
- The Blend: manufacturers of different brands may use different mixtures in their fertilizers and which may not always be ideal for marijuana growth. For example, Miracle-Gro is a go-to brand when it comes to gardening, but their formula that has more nitrogen is not ideal, especially during the flowering stage. We mentioned above something about a well-balanced mix for healthy marijuana growing.
As a serious cannabis grower, you need the best nutrients and fertilizers for the best buds. However, choosing the best may not be as simple as it sounds. There are various factors to consider. Any of the above products pretty much fit the bill as the best. However, Advanced Nutrients Hobbyist Plant Fertilizer takes the top spot, in our opinion.
This product is among the few that automatically balance the PH, contains all the necessary components for a thriving plant and is easy to use. There is more than one good reason why most users praise it.